You are looking at the greatest tennis player of all time, my secret boyfriend, Roger Federer. Isn't he beautiful? Today he won the French Open and as I watched the emotional trophy presentation ceremony, I became a little teary-eyed, as if I knew him personally. Here are all the reasons I love Mr. Federer:
- He is so smooth! Just look at this photo...yummy!
- He is the most graceful player I have ever seen. He makes it all look so easy - never even breaking a sweat as he faces hours long matches.
- He always keeps his cool. He never has outbursts (like McEnroe or Djokovich) and even when things aren't going his way he presses on until the tide turns in his direction.
- He accepted the French Open trophy today in a speech given in both french and english, and could have thrown in some swiss-german if he wanted. Again, smooth!!
- His backhand is a thing of beauty.
- He is not afraid to cry. He cried when he lost Wimbeldon to Nadal. It was heartbreaking! He has cried when he has won too, including today. I cried a little too.
- He is now tied with Pete Sampras for 14 major slam victories - the most of any player ever.
- He has now won all 4 majors - French Open, Australian Open, U.S. Open and Wimbledon, on all surfaces. He is a machine!!
- He accepts defeat with incredible dignity - always giving props to his competetors and giving them the credit they deserve.
- And last but not least....HE IS BEAUTIFUL!! I will watch him play any day, in any match.
And now, I will leave you with some photos for your viewing pleasure. Ladies and Gentlemen, Roger Federer.