Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photos I Love



Meet my dad.  Little Eddy Fuller.  He was the same age in this photo as Sam is right now.  I cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, picture my dad acting like my son does!   It's fun to think about, though.
Was he mischievous?   Did he make his parents roll on the ground with laughter?  Was he sweet to his mother?  Was he independent?  What toys did he like to play with?  Was he good in school?  Did he charm all the little girls in the neighborhood?  I do not know all the answers, but I am certain that when his mother looked at that sweet little face she could not have ever been too angry with him, and that his smile melted her heart.  Whatever kind of little boy he was, I know one thing for sure.  He grew up to become a perfect father and the greatest example of Christ-like kindness, patience and love that I have ever known.  He is the rock of our family and I am proud to call him Dad.

p.s.  Notice the suspenders?  Even today they are a staple in my dad's wardrobe.  I guess if you find something that works for you, you don't mess with it!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun picture to have. I have only been around your Dad twice. What little I know about him, he's a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling and I totally see your dad!!

    ReplyDelete